Anyone who’s ever had to handle PR or media relations for a person or company will have their own nightmare scenarios. Here are some of the Top 10 mentioned in Ragan’s PR Daily. Feel free to add your own!
1. You mail merge a pitch to the wrong media list.
2. Your big placement is canned due to a huge breaking news.
3. A press release is issued with the CEO’s name misspelled and all the URLs are dead.
4. You wake to find a cover story featuring all your competitors.
5. Crisis, crisis, crisis and no prepared plan of attack.